Friday, May 25, 2012

Mellow Yellow ?? Avon Sunshine Yellow

So yellow isn't a colour that I would normally reach for but after seeing it on the character Jenny Gross from Winners and Losers* (ITV 2) and seeing how amazing it looked on her, I decided to try an all yellow manicure. I only own one yellow polish and that is Avon's Arabian Glow nailwear pro in sunshine yellow, and I only just got that from my big sister as part of my early birthday pressie. I was a bit concerned that it would be a bit too 'yellow' making my hands look a bit washed out especially as I am so pale already, and I was also nervous as I don't really wear colours this bright

                               *pictures don't show the true brightness because the weather is rubbish, so couldn't get a good picture
I was disappointed because even after 3 coats it wasn't even and still had streaks visible, it took 4 coats to get an even coat that I was happy with, and on a couple of nails 5. I actually love the colour, it's bright and summery and it goes with pretty much anything I wear, although I wouldn't recommend wearing a bright yellow top, but at the moment I am wearing a lot of maxi dresses and for them this is a perfect colour. I have had a few compliments too, one even from a stranger, but my boyfriend being a typical man says that it looks as though I am carrying lemons in my hand, but what does he know!! I really do think this is a great colour and I know a few people are wearing yellow polish at the moment but I think if and when the sun comes out, more and more people will be wearing it on their nails



*I just wanted to tell you about the show Winners and Losers, it really is a great show it's about a group of women who went to high school together and then drifted apart, they all met up again at a school reunion and decided to buy a lottery ticket with which they won. It brings them closer together, but can money buy you true happiness. I love this programme, I watch it on ITV2 on a Sunday afternoon. My favourite character is Jenny Gross ( Melissa Bergland) who is a plus size girl with a heart of gold, anyway enough of me rambling on, if you get a chance, watch it, you won't regret it. Here is a link to the official page winners and losers













1 comment:

  1. Totally understand the frustration with yellow polish... I personally have fallen in love with Cult Nails - Feel Me Up. I have a blog post/review up about it on my blog... but seriously if you want a lovely yellow that isn't streaky etc check this one out. I really think you'll like it! xo E

    ReplyDelete