Monday, June 04, 2012

Benefit Pocket Pal

To me Benefit has always been one of the higher end make up brands, so when I decided to treat myself to something from Benefit I had a good look, and had a good read of some reviews on blogs and decided that I would try the Pocket Pal. I had heard great things about benetint plus the Pocket Pal had a gloss too and considering it was the first time I had ever bought a lip or cheek stain, instead of paying £24.50 for the full sized version, the pocket Pal was only £15.50, so if I didn't like it then I wouldn't of felt that I had wasted as much money, so the Pocket Pal seemed a perfect purchase.
I have to admit I was a bit dubious of it as it seemed quite a bright red, and me and bright red lipsticks do not get along, but I love the fact that you get something for your lips and cheeks in the same product.
It is quite a simple design, in one end you have the benetint which has a brush applicator, and then in the other end you have the gloss which has a simple gloss applicator, just like you would find in any normal lip gloss.
I was actually pleasantly surprised by it, more than pleasantly surprised, over joyed by it, its now my favourite product that I own. It feels so light on my lips, nothing like lipstick, and I love the colour that it leaves, not too red but red enough to make an impact. It lasts for hours too, I can put it on in the morning, go out for the day and it will still be on my lips when I get home, fantastic! To be honest I have used the gloss but I actually prefer using it without, because I am one of those people who's hair always gets stuck on my lips, weather I wear my hair up or down, and that's just horrid and well sticky.I do use the tint on my cheeks and I love the way that looks too, it always make me look lovely and healthy(even if I do so).                     
 
After 4 hours wear
This was the first product that I had bought because of how many fantastic blog reviews I had read about the Benetint like the one by Holly over at  Miss Holly and really I wish that I had spent that bit extra and just bought the Benetint, but hey at least I have a fantastic gloss for nights out. This is definitely something I am going to buy again and it has also made me interested in buying more Benefit products and although I thought it was a bit pricey at first, I now think that its's well worth it's price tag.

2 comments: