Monday, June 18, 2012

Acetone V'S Acetone free

If you paint your nails then nail polish remover will always have a place among your products. Most nail polish removers contain acetone but more and more companies are bringing out a acetone free version. I have been using the same Sally Hanson nail polish remover for a while now and although I always see it on the shelf in the chemist had never tried the acetone free version, but due to some recent soreness and drying of the skin around my nails and at only £2.45 I decided to give it a try, and compare the difference, if any between the two.

The first time I used the acetone free one I have to admit I was a bit frustrated. I was so used to my polish coming off quickly and easily, and the acetone free one does take longer to remove any polish, but I decided to stick with it, and after a few times of using it, the time difference didn't seem to matter because the soreness around my nails had gone. To me that was my main reason to use the acetone free one and it had worked, and to be honest my nails did look and feel better, but saying that did I stick to it? No I didn't because sometimes I just want to do things quickly, but I have started using the acetone free one as well, when I have more time and by using them both I feel as though my nails are getting better treatment, because we all know that acetone isn't good for our nails but sometimes its a case of the quicker the better and acetone definitely makes removing polish quicker.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to give an acetone free remover a go as my nails have started to go all flakey and weird recently! :( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that the acetone free one is really good, it is so much kinder on my nails and on the skin around my nails, but i find that it can take longer, so usually i make sure i use the acetone free one once or twice a week xx

    ReplyDelete